Colpitis (vaginitis) is the inflammation of the mucous membranes of the vagina. The causes for it could be chlamydia, trichomonas, mycoplasma, streptococci, staphylococci, hemophyllus rods etc. It can also be by a combination of microorganisms. It is one of the most common diseases of the female genital organs, which mostly affects women of childbearing age.
Factors of development of colpitis include:
- Sexually transmitted infections
- Other infectious diseases
- Mechanical destruction of the integrity of the mucosa of the vagina
- Nutrition disorders of the mucous membranes
- Anatomical anomalies of the vagina
- Diseases of the endocrine system
- Prolonged antibiotic therapy
- Allergic reactions (to condoms, suppositories, ointments etc.)
- Improper personal hygiene
- Decrease of immune system
If inflammation of the vaginal mucosa is left without treatment, the inflammation process can move through to the cervical canal, uterus and appendages etc. which could lead to endometritis, cervical erosions and infertility.
In combination with pharmacological therapeutic medications, laser therapy provides a good effect in the treatment of non-specific and specific (fungal, trichomonads, herpes) infections.
Laser illumination acts on the microcirculation, immunity system as well as provides an antibacterial effect, which helps reduce and eradicate painful sensations.
We perform treatment using therapeutic lasers. Treatment is combined: ILIB (intravenous laser illumination of blood) and illumination through special vaginal nozzles.
Treatment is performed in aseptic conditions. When required, pharmacological therapy is added.